Sunday, June 19, 2011

From UDI - Identical Residence Cards - Documentation for family members of EEA nationals from outside the EEA area

Persons from outside the EEA area who are family members of EEA nationals and who are entitled to reside in Norway do not get a sticker in their passports. The present system consists of a document confirming their right to reside and travel in the Schengen area.

In December 2011, UDI will introduce a card that can be used to document right of residence and the right to visit other Schengen countries

Identical residence cards will also be introduced in the other Schengen countries. This will make it easier for family members of EU/EEA nationals to document their rights when crossing the Schengen border.

Read more about Schengen Countries.

* UDI = Norwegian Immigration Directorate

No comments: