The Oslo city council election will be held on 11-12 September 2011. Elections for the city´s 15 district councils will take place at the same time. This means that you can vote both for city councilors and for district councilors in the district you live.
When and where
Polling stations will be open from 14:00-18:00 CET on 11 September 2011 and from 09:00-21:00 on 12 September 2011. Information about polling stations is printed on the election card. You can also ask for information at the Oslo City Hall (Oslo rådhus).
If you prefer you can also cast your vote in advance (10.08.2011 – 09.09.2011). During this period at least one polling station is opened in each city district and at the Oslo City Hall. There are 23 polling stations in Oslo.
Who can vote
- Norwegian nationals
- Nordic nationals entered in the Population Registry as residents of Norway no later than 30 June 2011
- Foreign nationals who entered in the Population Registry as residents of Norway for the at least three years before election day.
Questions about the election
- You will find useful information on the City of Oslo´s website: www.oslo.kommune.no/valg
- Your election card has information about election
- The city council administration at the Oslo City Hall can answer any questions: telephone 23 46 12 12. You can also ask the administration offices in your district.