REMINDER! - Invitation to a Seminar:
“Celebrating 50 Years of Tanzania in Nordic Countries: Reflections and Prospects”
Date: 9th December 2011, Time: 9.00 to 14.00
Venue: ScandicSergel Plaza, Brunkebergstorg 9, 103 27 Stockholm.
Seminar Moderator: Prof. Francis Matambalya and Ms. Joyce KimwagaLundin
Tanzania is celebrating 50 years since its independence in 1961. In marking the climax of Tanzania’s worldwide celebration of its 50 years independence anniversary, the Embassy of Tanzania in Sweden in Cooperation with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Sweden and Nordic Africa Institute is inviting you to this seminar.
The main aim of this seminar is dual fold:
· To revisit Tanzania’s co-operation with Sweden in the investments, trade, aid, and political spheres.
· Make reflections for future co-operation.
The host will be His Excellency Muhammed Mzale, Ambassador of The United Republic of Tanzania in Sweden while the Guest of Honour is Ms. Eva Walder, Director General for Trade- Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Sweden.
A Keynote Presentation on; “50 years of Tanzania-Sweden investment, trade, aid and political cooperation: learned lessons and future prospects” will be byProf. Francis Matambalya from the Nordic Africa Institute. While other presentations and speakers are;
1. “25 years of investing in the Tanzanian private sector” Björn Blomberg, Managing Director, SWEDFUND.
2. “One year with the Swedish - East African Chamber of Commerce" By Harald von Matérn, Chairperson –SWEACC.
3. “A relationship between Sweden and Tanzania: Developing human resources and opportunities” by Fredrick Glad, Chairperson SVETAN.
4. “Academic and Research Collaboration between Tanzania and Sweden” Dr. Fredrick Mshili – PHD Student, Karolinska Institute.
5. Making Mining, Steel making and Metalworking a Successful Tanzanian Industry, by Dr. Mselly D. Nzotta, Senior Researcher – R&D, Uddelholms AB.
6. “The role of language and culture in Sweden-Tanzania relations”, Abdulaziz Y. Lodhi, Professor, Swahili (with Bantu Linguistics & East African Area Studies), Department of Linguistics & Philology, Uppsala University.
7. “Environmental Technology for Entrepreneurship and Poverty Alleviation” Joyce KimwagaLundin, Entrepreneur, Project Manager, Network for Entrepreneurs for Ethnic Minority.
We invite our development partners in all countries of representation, representatives of African and other Embassies based in Stockholm, Tanzanian Diaspora in the Nordic countries, potential investors, entrepreneurs, scholars, politicians and friends of Tanzania. While reflecting on the excellent cooperation we have had with our Nordic partners, it is now
time to invest in Tanzania!
The Embassy will appreciate if you register on time by sending an email To: email@example.com with a title “Registration: 50 Years Tanzania Seminar”.
AMBASSADOR MUHAMMED MZALE
EMBASSY OF THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA; SWEDEN